History
Walwa Taluka Education Society was founded in 1945 by Late Shri. S. D. Patil and his co-workers for educational uplift and welfare of the society. Late Shri. S. D. Patil was very active in the social and political activities in the Southern Maharashtra. He was elected as a M.L.A., M.P. and President of Zillah Parishad from Sangli district. He was interested in spreading education to the door of the masses. He believed that education can improve the life of the common and backward classes in rural Maharashtra. So he founded ‘Walwa Taluka Education Society’ in 1945 and started different institutions. Today, the management runs 25 institutions under able guidance of Adv. B. S. Patil (Anna), Honorary Secretary and Adv. Dhairyasheel Patil (Baba), Joint Secretary of ‘Walwa Taluka Education Society’